- Couples and single women
- Prospective parents must be at least 25 years of age, and no more than 50 years older than the child.
Children Needing Families:
- Children are 5 years and older.
- Sibling groups may include a younger child.
- Ukrainian children typically have Caucasian features.
Requirements & Process:
Families must first complete a home study and dossier. We walk our families through each step of the dossier process. It takes about 1.5 months to translate and submit a dossier to the country after it has been completed. After the Ministry has accepted the application, the family can begin planning their travels.
Avg. Referral Waits:
- In Ukraine, referrals are not presented to prospective adoptive parents prior to travel. The parents must travel to meet the child in Ukraine.
- No medical information is given prior to traveling to Ukraine, however, the agency will do everything possible to ensure a successful match. The Ukrainian coordinator will do the same.
- If the family is interested in consulting with a Ukrainian medical specialist, the agency can arrange it prior to traveling.
1-3 months after submitting a dossier, the family will travel on their first trip. This trip can be up to 1 month in length, and both parents must travel. 1-2 months later, the family will travel for their second trip. This trip lasts only 7-9 days. Only one parent may travel if necessary.