‘During this session of “Whatever Life Throws at You”, we had great conversations around what independence means to us in 2021.
We began our meeting with a conversation surrounding the questions of:
- What does independence mean to you?
- What kinds of independence exist?
- What has helped you or made you feel good on your way to independence?
- What are the obstacles to your independence?
- She has been dating someone for two years and feels very comfortable with him
- She knows, however, that he is not the right life-long partner for her
- Sharleen wants to build up the confidence to have a conversation with her boyfriend and be honest about not seeing a future
- Brittney is currently living with her parents and finding it difficult.
- She likes the convivence of saving money and sharing household responsibilities with her parents, but she wants her own space
- Brittney’s goal is to save up enough money to support herself and live independently in her own place.
* Mariah’s Goals-
- Mariah would like to have more time for herself in 2021
- Mariah feels like she is not taking care of herself the way she should
- Her goal is to go for a half hour walk each day and do 10 minutes of stretches and abs.
*All participants’ names were changed for this post.
Have you ever wondered if adoption might be right for you?
9135 N Meridian St. - Suite B4
Indianapolis, IN 46260