Easy Soups & Breakfasts
Eating at well at home does not need to be complicated or expensive. Our director, Inna, loves to cook and learned early on how to cook on a budget. View some of her recipes for simple soups and breakfast ideas.
Simple Soup Ideas
- Warm up a pot on a low-medium heat
- add olive oil
- saute shallots, onions, or garlic
- add shredded or chopped carrots
- add dried oregano
- add chicken broth or water to a boil
You can always :
- cook orzo or pasta shells separately and add to finished soup.
- add chopped potatoes,
- sauté veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, pea pods, or green beans
- you can add one bay leaf, but take the bay leaf out if you blend soup.
- adjust taste with salt and pepper
- and crush cloves of garlic
- soup cooks 15-20 minutes
Toast a piece of bread or waffle
- spread almond or peanut butter
- put a little bit of jam
- top with sliced apples, pears or bananas
Brush bread with olive oil and toast
- slice avocado, drizzle with olive oil, lemon, or lime, salt and pepper
- top toast with avocado slices
- you can also: put sliced hard-boiled egg on top, add tomato or slices of cheese
Heat honey in a skillet on low heat. Add apples or bananas. Cook until caramelized for 4-6 minutes
Put Greek or plain yogurt in a bowl. Top with pistachios and glazed fruit
Ready to take the next step to learn more about adoption?
9135 N Meridian St. B-4
Indianapolis, IN 46260